- A man who died that grafters might live.
- An Oriental who would have forgiven Hiram Johnson.
- The founder of a great trust, with headquarters in the Vatican.
- Any one who consorts with the underworld, but who spends his vacation after death in the upper world.
- In the Catholic Church the Man Higher Up, to whom the Pope plays Jack Rose.
- One who saved the whole world, but who had himself damned for his pains. E. g., First Citizen: "Christ was a myth." Second Citizen: "He was not!" (Then they murder each other in His Name.)