- The press-agent of genius.
- An eternal guest that banquets on our ideals and bodies.
- In the theater of the gods a moving-picture film that reproduces the cosmic comedy.
- A metaphysical entity that made the Ingersoll watch a physical possibility.
- A loafer playing at tenpins.
- An illusion--to orators.
- The solvent and the dissolver of all. (Time was anciently symbolized by Kronos; today it is symbolized by the mystical syllables, So-Much-Per. The word has also undergone strange etymological changes. Anciently, time was singular, but since the advent of the Unions, we have "time and a third," "double time," etc.)