- One evil less and one memory more.
- A short-change artist, from whom we can never recover.
- A period of time that has always existed, in contradistinction to a period of time called tomorrow that can never exist.
- A mirror wherein if we look long enough we will see ourselves as others could never possibly see us.
- The Eden of the sentimental. (Time is divided into yesterday, today and tomorrow, which are but three varieties of the same metaphysical tetter. In the beginning was the Infinite, and the Infinite begat Time, and Time begat Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.)